Maker Space Donation / Wish List
What is a Makerspace?
A Makerspace is a place where students can gather to create, invent, tinker, explore and discover using a variety of tools and materials. Each Makerspace is unique!
In order for our Makespace at Springs Primary to continue to thrive, we need help from parents and community members. We are asking for donations of both new and gently used, age appropriate items. We may ask for specific items at certain times of the year if we have an upcoming activity or project needing specific materials.
The list below is the ‘more common’ items. If you have an item that is not on the list and wonder if it would be a good donation for Makerspace, please contact us Mrs. Tammy Sohayda at email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your support!
- Legos, K’nex, Blocks, Tinker Toys, Lincoln Logs
- All types of paper in various colors: (card stock, construction paper, printer paper, scrapbook, origami, tissue paper.
- Thin cardboard: (cereal boxes pop tart boxes tissue boxes, etc.)
- Cardboard tubes (wrapping paper or paper towel rolls)
- Pipe cleaners
- Non-toxic paint liquid or paint sticks
- Toothpicks/popsicle sticks
- New batteries, various sizes
- Molding clay
- White sandbox sand
- Empty wooden spools
- Wooden clothes pins
- ‘Googly’ eyes
- Coffee filters (small and large)
- Food coloring
- Fast drying non –toxic glue
- Large mouth, thick plastic water bottles w/ lid. Clean.
- Hug juice barrels, clean
- Small figurines (old game pieces etc.