On Sunday, October 18, 2020, Howland High School will host members of the junior and senior classes at drive-in. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, the district hasn't been able to host a traditional homecoming dance yet, which is why it was important for the high school to offer a fun activity to its upperclassmen that's compliant with state and local mandates.
The movie The Avengers will be shown at the theater. In keeping with the superhero theme, juniors and seniors are encouraged to dress the part and decorate their vehicles. All decorations, decor and attire must follow the School Code of Conduct Expectations. If you are unsure if something may not follow the Code of Conduct, please contact Mrs. Wayt.
Gates will open at 6:30 p.m. to allow enough time for parking and setting up chairs. Concessions will be open and students will be permitted to purchase snacks, food and drinks. Gates will close at 7:15 p.m. Students who arrive after 7:15 p.m. will not be permitted to enter.
- All students must wear a face-covering, unless while eating or drinking, for the duration of the event while on the premises.
- You must be a currently enrolled Howland junior or senior to enter the drive-in. You must have a ticket to enter the drive-in and the number must match the ticket you were sold. Please have your state ID or driver’s license ID and know your Howland student ID number if asked.
- For safety reasons, leaving the movie early is not permitted. No exceptions. Traffic will be directed out after the end of the movie by staff. In case of an emergency, chaperones will be available to assist.
- Chaperones will be walking around, so if you need something you can locate one. Chaperones will have glow necklaces on, so we can be easily seen
- For safety reasons, students will not be permitted to stay inside their cars during the movie. You are to bring lawn chairs, blow up chairs, or something appropriate to sit on. You may also have the option to sit on the back of your tailgate if you have an SUV or a truck. Please dress appropriately so that you are comfortable.
- Congregating as a large group is not permitted by the drive-in regulations or by HHS safety protocols. For contact tracing purposes, you will only be permitted to sit with whoever arrives at the drive-in with you in your vehicle. Thank you in advance for your cooperation so we have a fun evening for all students!