STRATEGIC PLANNING 2015-2016
- Improve School Safety Infrastructure and Protocols.
- Create and Implement School Districts Communications Initiatives.
- Increase High School Honors, College Credit, and AP courses.
- Remove all modular classroom trailers.
- Implement All-Day Kindergarten.
- High School - Middle Schools Combined Transportation Routes.
- Reconfiguration of School District. (Grades K-5)
- Reduce spending by increasing efficient use of taxpayer dollars.
COMPLETED IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS
- HS and MS Bike Racks
- HS and MS Fire Alarm Systems
- Bleacher hand rails and steps
- New High School Roof
- Modular Classrooms removed
- Conference Rooms
- Book Rooms
- Secured Atriums HS/Mines
- Gas Line replacements Springs and MS
- Lead fixture replacement
SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL COMPLETION
- Lighted 20 mile per hour signs
- Curriculum promoting walking between HS and MS
- Curbing/bike racks
- Count-down crosswalks signals
- Light signals
- ADA compliant accessibility between HS and MS
MAINTENANCE COST SAVINGS
- Over $409,000 in cost savings.
- Acquire multiple bids on purchased services and parts.
- Streamlined parts and materials ordering through single purchaser.
- Job scheduling and electronic work order system implemented for greater efficiency.
- Initiated local vendors/businesses to be included in quoting.
- Seek to repair, rather than always replace.
- Hired skilled individuals to perform work in-house.
- Reduced mileage, fuel consumption, and maintenance on our buses by 50% by combining the MS and HS routes.
- 14 minute transit between buildings.
- Elementary route transfer to destination buses in down to 4 minutes.
- All student rides on bus routes average between 26-48 minutes. (first to last)